On Feb 5, 2008 5:46 PM, Mike Willbanks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I know they've been marked "deprecated" and all, but, really, what's
> > the cost/penalty to having a couple functions around for legacy apps?
> >

> Then we will continue to be at the same old issue of they exist, people will
> continue to use them and never move away from them.

    Without expanding too much, I'd say that we're not going to
advertise the availability of the function, so people would no longer
use that.  However, removal of the function won't instantly break all
legacy scripts.  As Hannes and I were discussing off-list, I feel it's
something that should be removed in a Generation 7 or 8 release, but
with the function availability still existing in PHP5, I believe it's
too soon.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>