On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 11:36 +0300, Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> a) I think we don't need (1) ternary support at all, as (2)
> if-elif=else-endif may do the same.

That was already dropped. :)

> b) I think usage of square brackets is not a good idea, because they are
> commonly used to divide ini files into sections. Why not to use C
> syntax? (#if...)

I'd prefer that syntax too, it would be much clearer than mixing the
sections with this. It's also backwards compatible, lines prefixed with
# are simply ignored.

> c) We can use just "value" insted of ${value} in conditions.

Yup. ${foobar} is actually not any "variable" per se, but just a
reference to existing ini entry in the file. And I don't think that
needs to change.

> d) I would prefer not to use '.' in the variables name. It will allow to
> distribute conditional ini files, and use them with old PHP versions
> after manual preprocessing (using cpp).

. is acceptable since it's acceptable in ini directive names too. And
works just fine in pre 5.3 versions too.

> e) We don't need to define special names, we can use internal PHP constants.

Yup, I mentioned this a couple of times already. :)

--Jani

--
Patches/Donations: http://pecl.php.net/~jani/