Hi Marcus,

Am Dienstag, den 19.02.2008, 17:58 +0100 schrieb Marcus Boerger:
[...]
>   looks good to me. See more detailed thoughts in separate mail resonses.
> The biggest issue I see is finding a syntax everyone likes.

I can't agree more.

> Personally I like everything but one tiny piece, that is you do '!method'
> to ignore a method from a trait. Since renaming happens in a php array like
> style I would prefer to have that approach apply for ignoring methods as
> well. The way to do that imo is 'method=>false' or 'method=>NULL' which both
> should be obvious to PHP programmers that heard about Traits.

The irritating thing is that currently it would be null => 'oldmethod'.
This is what I would critisize in general. I would prefer
'oldMethodName' => 'newMethodName' instead. 'oldMethodName' => null
would be really cool.

> Other than that I'd even appriciate it, if we could get this for 5.3.
> I mean come on guys it is ready and a very nice solution to the code
> reuse problem.
[...]
This would be a killer feature for 5.3! How realistic is it to get this
in?
[...]

cu, Lars