Yes it does, and not only for VB developers.
I'm plain PHP developer (with some small Pascal and Delphi background) and I
faced quite a lot situations when named parameters would give me a lot. In
stead had to write some nasty code like

myFunc($param1, $param2, array(), null, $paramX);
myFunc($param1, array(), $param4, $param5, $paramX);

And it wasn't a matter of placing function params in right order - I was
just impossible. Actual alternatives were in writing functions wrappers or
write specialized functions witch were doing the same taks, just didn't made
checks for params.