Marcus,
Marcus Boerger wrote:
Hello Ulf,

Pierre Joye schrieb:
Drop the launchpad and use php's cvs. We have actually two development
branches (5.3 until the 24th and HEAD) and PECL. The latter let you
experiment as much as you wish.

Pierre, you are not in the position to tell us what repository we use for internal developments and experimental features.

Or should I start flaming againt the developing of a new PHP parser at svn://whisky.macvicar.net/php-re2c . Looks like there are two classes of developers in your world. The bad and the good. The good can use their own repositories. The bad may not. And MySQL is bad.

You really proove here that a) our communication needs to get better and
that blogs don't help as they are ignored ffrom most developers. And b) we
reallt need to most to a better repository like SVN or HG.

I am pretty lazy, thus I use my Thunderbird as a RSS reader. I get planetmysql as a feed and if I am not interested in an article, I skip it. It doesn't require even to go anymore to planetmysql . But even more, Ulf is also on planetphp, so you will get the message, if there is something. Internals is full of other things. I recall Wez saying that the PDO discussion should stay at the PDO list and not be on internals, because he doesn't have the bandwidth to follow internals.

Other than that, nobody tells you what you do or use. We just would like to
know. And in regards to re2c I can only repeat what Scott said. It was a
one time experiment that was announced on the list to be followed along and
comitted as a whole as soon as agreed on (not when finished to be precise).

Well, we experiment internally. Being it async queries, prepared statements cache, client side query cache, zval caching, memory allocation caching, whatever. Then it goes to cvs, ONCE WE HAVE PROPER TESTS. I am talking about patches which are not typical 100 lines and that need really a lot of testing, before anyone can scream that MySQL (SUN) makes things worse. What we do is for the best of the community. We strive to have more things open source, because we believe in open source to the extent that we fight for it, you just don't hear these things in the public. I wish PHP the best, I am living with the project in the last 8 years. I am giving more than I am expected for the sake that others will be satisfied with the work and will use PHP.

Everyone is welcomed to participate in the mysqlnd development and the extension has seen changes from outside, as well the mysql extensions and we never complained that someone does it. I just moved the changes to our internal revision control system, as Bazaar gives us more freedom to work than CVS - recently there was a Blog entry on planetphp from a dev, who synced PHP but forgot to sync Zend. Wanted to dev while on train but the sources did not build so his time was wasted.

Best regards,
 Marcus

Best,
Andrey