On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:23 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Now that Subversion 1.5 has been out for a little while and it is at
the point where it might actually have some benefit to us, do we have
some volunteers who have some time to try converting over the
repository and all the post-commit and ACL rules from CVSROOT?

Talking to people here at OSCON, the consensus seems to be that moving
to Subversion at this point would worthwhile. The Git/Bzr/Merc folks
have better tools to deal with a central svn repository than cvs at
this point, and the svn workflow and Windows tools won't leave all our
less technical committers floundering.

I think the most convenient approach would be to do the conversion
directly on the cvs.php.net machine and run the two side-by-side with
periodic imports to svn while we test things and then a freeze and a
switchover at some point.
See my Wiki on it at <http://wiki.php.net/svnmigration>, I'm planning to
get back to it this weekend.
Yes, I read that. But the conversion of the repository itself is only half the battle. There are a bunch of scripts in CVSROOT that need to be ported over to SVN somehow.

My plan was to work on those next.

-- Gwynne, Daughter of the Code
"This whole world is an asylum for the incurable."