If it's not happening in the next month, I'd be happy to help. I did the SimpleTest CVS to SVN conversion in about 5 minutes (including waiting on the history to be converted). I've also worked with the hook scripts and such in SVN so I might be able to help out there if someone else doesn't already have it covered.

On a slightly related note, would anyone else be interested in seeing a Git repository along side Subversion? Even if people can't commit to the Git repo, I'd be happy to help set it up with the ability for them to push changes back to the SVN repo once they've prepared their patches.

-T

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Now that Subversion 1.5 has been out for a little while and it is at the point where it might actually have some benefit to us, do we have some volunteers who have some time to try converting over the repository and all the post-commit and ACL rules from CVSROOT?

Talking to people here at OSCON, the consensus seems to be that moving to Subversion at this point would worthwhile. The Git/Bzr/Merc folks have better tools to deal with a central svn repository than cvs at this point, and the svn workflow and Windows tools won't leave all our less technical committers floundering.

I think the most convenient approach would be to do the conversion directly on the cvs.php.net machine and run the two side-by-side with periodic imports to svn while we test things and then a freeze and a switchover at some point.

-Rasmus