Asbjørn Sloth Tønnesen wrote:
> Hannes Magnusson wrote:
>> I totally agree. Its really annoying needing to type $ all the time,
>> not to mention how hard it is on Norwegian keyboards. Lets replace it
>> with £ !
>
> Like most programming languages PHP is optimized for American keyboard
> layout, deal with it!
>
> Fx. I especially like the placement of the MySQL escape character ` on
> Nordic keyboards: press Alt-gr and |, release them and then press space.
>
>> There is even a "patch" available:
>> http://php.markmail.org/message/jsex75rowudeu2nr
>
> Way to go, lets make a port of all major programming languages, to all
> keyboard layouts. ;-)

Those of use who use non-latin based languages in a better position -
need to learn a new layout, the US one. Even in Bulgaria althought there
is a national standard for a keyboard layout second one emerged during
the years which is based on a transliteration of QWERTY. However, using
the QWERTY layout one is slower compared to the case when using the
national standard. OTOH, layout switching is pretty easy nowadays, you
might install a qwerty layout for programming (/me has nowadays US, DE
and BG installed to handle all the communities I am involved in :)

Best,
Andrey

--
Andrey Hristov, Connectors Software Developer, Database Group
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten