Arvids Godjuks wrote:
2008/9/22 Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi!

3. Functions will not be allowed inside namespaces. We arrived to
conclusion that they are much more trouble than they're worth, and summarily
we would be better off without them. Most of the functionality could be
easily achieved using static class methods, and the rest may be emulated
with variable function names, etc.

Comments?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

That means, that if I have a tiny, 70-100 line script and I use a package in
a namespace with some global functionality - it should be 100% OOP? Sorry,
but that's OOP for the sake of OOP. It's like writing "Hello world!"  using
patterns (here is an example:
http://www.phppatterns.com/docs/design/hello_world_in_patterns)

-1 on this.

my god that's basically a PHP version of the Java "Hello World" <weg>