3. Functions will not be allowed inside namespaces. We arrived to
conclusion that they are much more trouble than they're worth, and
summarily we would be better off without them. Most of the
functionality could be easily achieved using static class methods, and
the rest may be emulated with variable function names, etc.

Comments?

Figuring that you arrived at the same conclusion nearly three years ago
regarding my namespace patch, and I also agreed that only classes should
be allowed inside namespaces
(http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=113320797607651&w=2), I am +1 for
this proposal.

<rant>
And the congregation wept. Man, how much more bastard ass step child do functions have to become? Its not bad enough that the OOP stuff is littered with every little overly complicated bell and whistle. Now functions are to be left behind with this feature? Geez people. Get over your OOP arrogance.
</rant>

Brian Moon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]