On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 23:21 +0200, Stan Vassilev | FM wrote:
> The exception should be made for any class implementing the relevant SPL
> interfaces, and that's not just ArrayObject.
>
> It may be seen as just "one class" but actually all of the "transparent"
> iterator implementations (for iterating SQL, XML, or whatever data you have)
> hinge on those interfaces and that class to work as a normal array with the
> array functions.

a) I showed the 5.2 behavior, using "proper" interfaces is a silent
change which might break application and is probably hard to find. While
I don't know how many people rely on these "features".

b) It can be quite confusing with all of the tons of array functions
accepting different kinds of objects.

johannes