hi Ilia,

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Andrei Zmievski <and...@gravitonic.com> wrote:
> Jani Taskinen wrote:
>>
>> It's still new stuff. And we need more things in 5.3/6 to make them more
>> interesting to general populus too. ;)
>
> Great, so I'll just end up copying almost all of ext/json code into
> pecl/memcached then. Hooray for loose coupling.

It is actually not about adding features. If I understand correctly
what Andrei likes to have, it is only about exposing the JSON API.
That means no code change (no new feature or whatever else) but only
adding the right PHP_API related declaration to the right place and
install the json header. That could actually be very useful with no
impact on the code (userland or extensions).

I think we should allow this change.

Cheers,
--
Pierre