On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:04:36PM +0200, Pierre Joye wrote:
> hi Ilia,
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Andrei Zmievski <and...@gravitonic.com>
> wrote:
> > Jani Taskinen wrote:
> >>
> >> It's still new stuff. And we need more things in 5.3/6 to make them more
> >> interesting to general populus too. ;)
> >
> > Great, so I'll just end up copying almost all of ext/json code into
> > pecl/memcached then. Hooray for loose coupling.
>
> It is actually not about adding features. If I understand correctly
> what Andrei likes to have, it is only about exposing the JSON API.
> That means no code change (no new feature or whatever else) but only
> adding the right PHP_API related declaration to the right place and
> install the json header. That could actually be very useful with no
> impact on the code (userland or extensions).
>
> I think we should allow this change.

Sorry if I'm not getting this right, but doesn't he have to explicitly require
version >= 5.2.10 in his pecl/memcached extension? It's not like that with this
change his extension is going to work for 5.2.x. Requiring >= 5.2.10 is such a
strict requirement that should be replaced with >= 5.3.0.

--
Giovanni Giacobbi