On 17.07.2009, at 03:04, Johannes Schlüter wrote:

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 18:20 -0500, Greg Beaver wrote:
I'd like to consider instead using svn:externals to pull in PEAR stuff
directly from a STABLE branch from somewhere in the pear/ hierarchy.
This would allow us over at PEAR to push the installation phars into
that branch at the same time a release is made, and would also allow
quick fixes by a quick revert to a previous revision.

How does this work with tagging or releases?
Currently the phar thing isn't tagged at all when building PHP releases,
but I assume the svn:externals would be copied as is and might lead to
wrong assumptions (like that a newer version was included) meaning we
make the tagging more complex or avoiding confusion.

if you svn copy .. it will copy the externals ..

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org