On Friday 16 October 2009 10:29:15 am Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Samuel ROZE <samuel.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a good idea, it appears that it works fine ! I'm not really fond
> > of auto-loading (class or here functions) but it can be a good
> > thing ! :-)
> >
> > Le vendredi 16 octobre 2009 à 17:32 +0300, Rack-Soft security a écrit :
> > [...]
> >
> >> Management of large no OOP projects (or mixed OOP/procedural) is much
> >> easier with this.
> >
> > Are there still new projects no OOP which are using PHP 5.x ?
>
> http://drupal.org/node/547518
> "Why not use classes"
> I didnt check the latest code, but I think drupal still uses global
> functions.

That document is rather out of date and it's on my list to update soon, but
yes Drupal is still largely procedural.  Even as we are adopting more OO code
in version 7 (code freeze was yesterday!) and will undoubtedly use even more
OO code in future versions, there are many use cases where functions or
dynamically-called functions are simply a better solution in PHP than classes.

For that reason I am very very much in favor of this functionality, although I
have not yet looked at the specific implementation here.  I'll try to do so
soon, although I not really qualified to comment on the C code itself, just the
API.

--
Larry Garfield
la...@garfieldtech.com