On 07.12.2009, at 20:46, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> With one tweak:
>> 2a)
>> Committing to 5_3 and 5_3_2 in one go is bad bad. The 5_3_2 commits
>> should be explicitly merged in separate commit.
>
> Right, I agree (I implied that but it's good to say this explicitly).
> As for wiki, I don't care if it's wiki, shmiki or anything - only thing
> important is that we have a list of things which is public so RM has it and
> anybody can see what happens with it.

I think the wiki can only be a temporary solution and this should be managed
entirely inside the bug tracker (*dream*). A new bug tracker that addresses our
needs as they are today would really help in so many ways. But its obviously a
big task.

However for 5.3.2 it would be ideal to at least parse out bug ticket id's from
the commit messages and when a reason for not merging a ticket is added to the
wiki it would be automatically submitted to the bug tracker as a comment. Not
sure how easily this could be done though and I cannot commit time to checking
this out myself :-/

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org