Op 2-4-2010 7:16, Andi Gutmans schreef
I think that if we were ever to implement threading we would be best off
to enable spawning worker threads that have their own context with no
shared data (and therefore no requirement for locking). We could then
have a message passing API between the threads.
Advantages:
- Real multi-threading.
- Simple straightforward approach which doesn't require a comp. sci.
degree to use correctly.
- Very stable implementation.
That sounds like "I want threading; because it sounds cool!". What are the advantages of this above multi-process?
The systemcall-overhead for message passing?

And why did nobody mention Aprils Fools yesterday; when the request-for-threading was sent ;)

-- Jille