Hi!

To hear that stream are useless for filesystem operation is very new to me.

It was surprise for me too, nevertheless once you try to use it, you pretty soon hit this roadblock with any serious application and have to resort to very ugly hacks.

I have to repeat what I said earlier, these specific informations
(ACL, reparse points or other OS/FS specific informations) are very

Nobody cares about reparse points. There's probably no PHP app in existence that cares about reparse points. There's tons of apps that use touch() and chmod() though.

hard to implement in a generic way as you are proposing. As the idea
in itself is good, I have serious doubts that a useful (working and
portable) solution can be implemented with what is described in your
initial post (barely posix only).

It is useful, and it will be working.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect