On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Lars Schultz <lars.schu...@toolpark.com>wrote:

> Am 11.05.2011 09:35, schrieb dukeofgaming:
>
>  Que?. Are you aware that you cannot implement interface methods?.
>>
> Sorry. my bad. I mixed implementation with specification, but it would
> work, no?

Eh, well, in a weird and complex way I'd guess =P. If it were about
implementing a workaround to annotations for class metadata I'd use mixins
and magic methods, but that doesn't win over annotations, not by a long
shot.

>  I really think the dilemma of whether annotations are useful or not is
>> moot.
>>
> What an argument. I'm not saying they are not useful. I am saying they can
> be done with what we already have. I've got tons of code which could run
> faster if the core-devs finally decided to take my aproach over theirs...;)
>
> Also citings of .NET and Java makes me wanna scream, because I don't want
> those languages. I want PHP, which has been my faithful servant for over 12
> years!

I rarely use Java, I personally hate .NET, and PHP is the language that has
been giving me my bread and butter since I started as a developer. I'm just
saying that as far as language design goes, this is not something new and it
has been succesfully taken advantage of for years.

Also, and if I'm not mistaken, PHP has already taken from Java's example
with exceptions and the interfaces you love =P.