From: Philip Olson [mailto:phi...@roshambo.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:30 AM
To: Pierre Joye
Cc: Stas Malyshev; Derick Rethans; PHP Internals
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: Voting does not belong on the wiki! (Was: [PHP-DEV]
5.4 moving forward)

On Jun 4, 2011, at 3:07 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
>
>> [VOTE] is a good idea, let's make it [VOTE].
>>
>>> There is no plugin used for it yet, and that's my problem with it.
>>
>> Well, votes aren't announced yet either :) I'll try to get it set up ASAP
>> and see how it works, before announcing the vote. It looks good in
>> description at least.
>
> Please keep them in the wiki as we planed to do. THere are plugins and
> it is very easy to manage, allows per section voting etc.

I'm hopeful people will continue to understand the RFC definition:

  - RFC: Request For Comments

And while doing so, not revert to a vote (RFV?) simply because discussing a
topic can get messy. Voting has clear winners and losers with potential loss
for improvements. That and you must then worry about who can and cannot vote
(i.e., non-inclusive community). It's rare that we've required a formal vote,
so I fear we will now implement voting at inappropriate times rather than allow
a consensus to be reached.

Also, people should be given a reasonable opportunity to offer an alternative
RFC.

Regards,
Philip