Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
But you can't call it PHP anymore due to the license, where as with a
>  DCVS with people having forks on publically accessible repositories,
>  everybody is basically violating the license.

you can rename your fork on github:
https://github.com/Tyrael/forphx
usually people don't do this, as they don't want to maintain a
competing project, they only fork it for having their own repo to
develop into until they are done and then send a pull request.

Actually the real question here is WHY create a fork on github at all? The copy you are working on LOCALLY is the fork that you are developing on? Much of the stuff on github and the other DVCS server sites is redundant? You only need to publish your local changes to other developers who are working with you not to the whole world?

Once I realised that the github and bitbucket accounts were part of the problem, managing the local changes became a lot easier.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL