On 25/08/11 11:15, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Stas Malyshev wrote:

On 8/24/11 2:03 PM, David Soria Parra wrote:
after 3 weeks of discussion, I think we are ready to start voting on
the DVCS RFC.  If you think something is missing or should be
explained in more detail, let me know.
I'm not sure choosing DCVS by vote is actually a good way to go here.
I think we need much more input from people that maintain all the
infrastructure we're using now and would be doing the move. If we
don't have people committed to making it happen majority-based vote is
useless IMHO.
I agree, and I also think that before people can make a choice they need
to have played with all the options. Just picking "git" because that's
what you heard of and what all the fan boys like is *not* the correct
way to go. In order to make a choice, and even consider switching away
from SVN, something that *works* just fine, you need to know the systems
(ie, git and hg).
+10.
I think a vote is prematured right now.

Cheers.

--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

Member of HTML and WebApps Working Group of W3C
http://w3.org/