Now that I think of it, this would probably be a good argument for
differentiating between strong and weak.  Looking back to my previous
comment, it probably would be best to have it behave the same regardless of
what the incompatible type is.  But in the case where a float might sneak
its way into an int, the developer might decide that going with a weak type
would make it more flexible (though if it was me, I'd just do a round or
leave it a mixed type lol).

--Kris