And here's a thought:  I could structure the RFC so that the voting will
have 3 choices:  Yes with strong/weak differentiation, yes without
strong/weak, or no.  However, the voting RFC doesn't cover how the tally
should be calculated in such a circumstance.  For example, let's say we had
8 votes yes with differentiation, 2 votes yes without differentiation, and
5 votes no.  If we tally the two "yes" columns, it's 10 - 5, which would be
the required 2/3 majority.  However, how would we calculate the mandate on
differentiation?  Among those who voted yes, there's a clear 8 - 2 (80%)
majority in favor of it.  But if you count the no votes as being no to
differentiation and add them to the total, it suddenly becomes 8 - 7, which
falls short of the 2/3 majority.  An argument could be made that these
people who voted no would not want differentiation, but another argument
could be made that; while they don't like the idea, if it does happen
they'd rather have it differentiated than not.  In other words, determining
voter intent from that group would be difficult and thus only tallying
among the yes votes would make sense.  Both arguments would have about
equal merit I think

The voting RFC does allow for different "options" in the vote, but it does
not elaborate on this.  We could break the "no" group into two as well,
though that could make things a bit too confusing.

Since there's presently no clear procedure on this (at least none that I'm
aware of), what are your thoughts on this?  I do believe the two should be
in the same vote since they're pretty integral to one another, but I'm not
sure how best to do that while maintaining accurate results without making
it too complicated.

--Kris