2012.03.13 16:38 Richard Lynch rašė:
> I'd have to agree with Stas that everybody should start passing in a
> variable there, that can be set somewhere in a config, or, perhaps,
> would DEFAULT to, errrr...

You do realize that suggestions on this thread and original bug reporter
failed to make correct decisions about values that should be used to
migrate original function to PHP 5.4 compatible syntax?

htmlspecialchars without arguments does not default to ENT_QUOTES or NULL.

Failure to choose proper second argument value will lead to different
exploit or data corruption.

> You can't default to a function call.

Changing default in function was bad idea.

Ignoring bug reports about f....ed up documentation and closing them with
bogus explanations might not be bad idea, but it really helps in
alienating your developer base.

--
Tomas