On 03/21/2012 02:34 AM, Sergey Ryazanov wrote:
After some time of digging I discover that this error is rises in the
php_openssl_is_private_key() in the openssl.c file. This function
simply don't includes check for EVP_PKEY_EC. All signature related
actions are performed by OpenSSL library by self and don't depend on
any internal code.

Is any chance that EVP_PKEY_EC check would be added in the next
release? Could I do something to speed up ECDSA adding process?

Yes!
You can always provide a patch and attach it to the bug report =)

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal