On 2012-04-17, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> The whole point of releasing on Thursdays is so sysadmins have the
>> chance to update their servers in the event of known security problems
>> "before the weekend".
>> This point however becomes void when we release late Thursdays evening
>> American time, and we could just as well release on Saturday nights as
>> noone in Europe will be able to update their servers, and the
>> Americans will probably not be updating theirs either when they notice
>> the release Fridays after lunch.
>
> I tag and package Wednesday evening US Pacific time. I can change the
> Wednesday part, but not the "evening US Pacific" part, at least not
> until I move to a different timezone.  If current schedule is not
> satisfactory, I have nothing against moving it to Tuesday. Pretty much
> any day is OK with me, so let's see what people think.

Yes at the moment we have the problem that:

 Stas tags Wednesday evening US Pacific time
 Stefan builds Thursday during the day US Pacific time
 David announces after all this is done which is Thursday evening EU time
 sometimes it becomes so late that I can only do it friday morning.

So if we want to release Thursday, then windows builds need to be done one
Wednesday.