Hi!

> If there is no other discussion for this, I'd like to move this to the voting
> phase, any objects?
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/propertygetsetsyntax-as-implemented

Sorry, I didn't have time to look into it yet (yes I know it was around
for a long time...) in detail. From the quick glance I don't like the
read-only/write-only keywords too much but maybe it's ok.

It's not clear what "automatic implementation" is. Could you expand this
section and add explanation what actually happens?

What would happen if I use $this->property &= $a; or $a &=
$this->property; $a = 1;?

What happens if getter/setter function uses the same property it is
defined for? What if it uses other property that in turn uses this one?

In the last example for overloading, it looks like
"parent::$Milliseconds = $value;" calls parent setter. This looks like
static property access but is not. I don't think it's a good thing. What
if you also have static class var called $Milliseconds? And especially
that later you introduce the same syntax for accessing class properties!

How these would work with isset - what !empty($this->Hours) return? What
would happen if you do unset($this->Hours)? What happens if you do
$this->Hours++ or sort($this->Hours) (assuming $Hours is an array)?
These things need to be defined in the RFC too.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/