On 2012-04-20, Christoph Hochstrasser <christoph.hochstras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> > Are the dashes acceptable or undesirable?
>
> I think without dashes it is more in line with other keywords, like
> "instanceof" or "insteadof".
>
> Because keywords are not case sensitive, one who likes them to be more
> readable could write them camelCased, for example "readOnly", or
> "writeOnly".

If they are to be keywords, I'd argue we should use the dash variant --
the reason being that with the dash, there can be no conflict with
existing constant, variable, or function names. I know I've had a fair
number of each named both "readonly" and "writeonly".

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com