> So that next time this code changes any breakage is obvious.

Next time?

I had reported breakage for PHP 5.4.4 RC, but it "wont fix" and PHP
5.4.4 was released.
 https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=62097

I think the breakage exists in current version (PHP 5.4.4).

> Any test you create for PHP 5.4 need to either:
>
> 1. Pass, or
> 2. have an XFAIL section
>
> I don't know whether or not PHP 5.4 is going to be changed. If it is not
> going to be changed, then you should do #1.

All my tests are passed at previous version (PHP 5.4.3), and are failed
at current version (PHP 5.4.4).  Behavior of PHP 5.4 WAS changed.

I intend to show evidence of breakage (backward incompatibility)
in PHP 5.4.4, not intend to write test code to be passed on PHP 5.4.4.

--
Oishi Kazuo