Hi!

> PHP risks losing some of its uniqueness to fixing things, unfortunately.
> But losing bad features and moving forward is good, right?

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, but I'm sure I can not
accept argument "Python does it this way, so we must do it exactly the
same way even if we have to rewrite whole engine and change whole
approach of how things done in PHP". If you want exactly what Python
does, you always have Python. It's fine to look into what Python does,
but how it fits PHP and uses cases of the *PHP* users should always come
first, and implementation details of how Python or any other language
does things can be a guidance, but never should override this. So if
Python does finally in certain way, fine, but it's no no way by itself
defines how PHP should do it.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/