> Using third party code - joomla - only difference between working and not
> working is switching E_STRICT on. With display_errors=off one gets a white
> screen. I was not surprised as I've had this all the way through with code
> from many sources. Yes a lot of the time you just get the error messages,
> but a white screen crash has been the norm most of the time so leaving
> display_errors=on helps while fault finding on the development systems.

usually most people set display_errors=off but log_errors = on and just
check the logfiles for errors.
there is no point bothering your users with messages they won't understand
or could be able to do anything about, plus it is usually a security
vulnerability (Information Leakage).

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu