On 12/18/2012 07:46 PM, Anthony Ferrara wrote:
Victor,

    If you give a closer look to my example, you will notice a
    difference: $map[$setA] and $map[$setB] point to the same storage
    which I think is not possible with SPLObjectStorage.

Well, how could you do that? Without implementing object comparison methods at least (which is outside the scope of this discussion)? I could see a type-specific map which knows how to compare the classes, but in general you'd need to defer comparison to the objects themselves (so $obj1 == $obj2 would fire $obj1->compareTo($obj2) === 0)...

Unless I've got something confused...
Well let's say that object comparison methods (interface) is part of the details that I owe to this thread.