On 1/28/2013 5:19 AM, Zeev Suraski wrote:
I feel that this is what was done in this particular case, not the other way around. That what brought me to bring up that subject here in the first place. This particular RFC was the only RFC where I noticed this weird 'no sooner than' language, and it seemed intentional to me - given the fact it's a very controversial feature opposed by most core devs. If we want to change the default voting period to two weeks, that's fine - but IMHO it should be for future RFCs after it gets approved.

Actually, it was not done on purpose but was mimicking what many other RFC "vote sections" do, I thought it was the way it was supposed to be done, see:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/incompat_ctx
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/array_column

If you're still worried about this making it in, don't worry. Nikita and I have given up, to the determinant of the community.

-Clint

Zeev

--
-Clint