I also disagree with an open-ended voting period. I'm fine with having
a long voting window, but when a vote is called it should declare when
the voting will end. This just makes sense to me.

Since we're on the topic of voting, I also want to bring up that 50% +
1 is actually pretty low for something that doesn't modify the core.
For instance, suppose that the voting on an RFC ended with exactly a
50% + 1 vote in favor of adding the feature.  That means that half of
the people who voted did not want it to go through.  That seems like a
problem to me; half of the people were against it yet it is accepted
and introduced to the language?  Maybe I'm used to working in councils
that require near unanimity, but 50% + 1 seems very, very low. If
we're going to revisit voting,  can we re-discuss this as well?