Hey all,

After reading the Voting Periods email thread, I'm left wondering a simple
question (which has a difficult answer):

What should we be voting on when voting on an RFC: on the RFC proposed
feature, or on the patch itself?

I've always approached it as we're voting for the concept (and details)
provided in the RFC. But it appears that other people have been voting on
the specifics of the attached patch (so theoretically an RFC could be
rejected entirely because some people don't like part of the implementation
in C, but are fine with the PHP details).

I'll leave out my opinion (and justification) for now, I'm curious what you
all think...

Thoughts?

Anthony