Sent from my iPhone 6 Beta [Confidential use only]

On 29 jan. 2013, at 18:02, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:

>>> I like it. It would be totally awesome if it came with a webinar or
>>> something where Dmitry/Stas explain how it works though. Understanding
>>> how APC works has always been a contentious point. I'd be awesome if we
>>> could turn that around with O+?
>>
>> I'm sure we can arrange that.
>
> Well, a webinar is nice and shiny but I would rather see them spend
> time on writing a very good documentation instead. Much more useful
> and can be updated easily.
>

> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre
>
> @pierrejoye
>
> --

As just a normal user without any voting rights, I recognize that integrating
O+ would be a major improvement for PHP and should be incorporated in core as
soon as possible.

If it only takes 2 months, go for it, userland cache would be really awesome to
have but an opcode cache in core is far better.

APC is already very difficult to manage and integrate (6+ months), so why not
integrate O+ in the first place and in the next PHP release an userland cache
space? It could be a simplified and easier-to-maintain APC version and it would
help to keep everything as modular as possible.

Greetings.