----- Ursprüngliche Message -----

Well in/for reality I only care about the documentation. If the RFC has no use
to communicate a qualified decision, this should be clearly written down
somewhere if that is a common good.

Also I have problems to decipher the "11th commandment" - "Thou shalt not speak
ill of any fellow Republican." ???

And as you talk about it: do you know if there was criticism with the yearly
release cycle before the new release process? I can imagine a time when a new
PHP major was released in a ~yearly cycle, but I can not remember that somebody
didn't consume those nor was hurt by that.

>>  >>  > * Which benefits does Zend Inc. see in contributing the
> Opcode
>>  >> cache?
>>  >
>>  > Simply put, this could benefit PHP greatly without negatively
>>  > affecting our business in any way.
>>
>>  And not simply put?
>
> Complexly put, this could benefit PHP greatly without negatively affecting
> our business in any way.  I don't intend to become argumentative.
> You're
> obviously entitled to your opinion and I think that there's nothing I could
> say that would change it.

Thanks for your feedback and please rest assured that I'm not entitled to any
opinion about Zend in this case. Actually the opposite is the case which is why
I was asking again.

I normally would expect that there is something positive (in contrast to
non-negative) in opening the source, e.g. getting a benefit from the
collaborative development model.

-- hakre