On 1/29/13 11:46 AM, Ralf Lang wrote:

Am 29.01.2013 18:38, schrieb Pierre Joye:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Attila Bukor
<attila.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think Ralf's idea is great. A lot of other projects use nightly
builds successfully. I don't think a vbox image would be
necessary as no-one would use nightly builds on a production
environment,

It is not about using anything in prod but catch bugs as early as
possible in the QA process.

I understand that. Automated distribution packaging of wip code is not
meant for production but for rapid deployment of "clean state" test
environments. It's similar to a CI suite.

If there is enough interest in php snapshots as rpm, I could begin
such a setup on monday.

If I could run my own VM (that much I can do) and periodically just do apt-get update php-head, that would lower the barrier to testing new versions by several orders of magnitude. (Yeah yeah insert RPM vs. Apt debate here; both are good to have.) That would be *sweet*. +1

--Larry Garfield