Hello everyone,

As you may know, Zend recently open sourced ZendOptimizer+ with a PHP
Licence.
We are planning to merge it to PHP5.5 Core (discussions on Mailing lists
and IRC) and have it bundled with PHP5.5 final release stable.

For this, we need to merge new code to 5.5 as well as have a testing period
for this new feature.

As RMs, David and I decided then to change the original release plans for
5.5.
5.5 will benefit a new alpha (5th), on thu 21st Feb. ZO+ will be merged for
this alpha.
Then, we are planning to release the first beta on March the 7th. We remind
you that beta stage means feature freeze. We won't accept new features code
after the first beta is released.

This is a (about) one month delay compared to original planning (first beta
was planned for Feb 7th), but it is needed.

You will find more information about ZO+ integration on the wiki, at
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/optimizerplus

Julien Pauli and David Soria Parra