@Marcello: actually, I am also of the idea that there's no real additional
value in such a syntax...

Since I'm using ZF2 (yeah, that framework that converts array to
applications) I am kinda used to have dozens of `function () {}` closures
for service factories: so far no problems with it.

As stated before, it spares 9 chars while the end developer (devops or
whoever coding instead of of the devops) loses a lot of readability that is
not really such a big problem.

Also, as it is for DSLs, you could always use a parser to handle this kind
of thing in your own domain.

What exactly is the limit that you see when applying the more verbose
`function () {}` syntax? I am just wondering since moving to `{}` will
still not make this portable to any platform except PHP itself.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/