On 27 בפבר 2013, at 18:58, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Zeev et al,
>
> I just want to put my justification for the "only if no delay" vote. I voted
> that way because we're already at a significant delay. If this vote was a
> month ago when O+ was suggested first, I would definitely have voted for
> "delay". In fact IIRC I proposed a delay back then. But after a month, I
> think delaying much further would be imprudent.

Fair enough!  Here's mine for delaying:

I believe our users will much appreciate a release with an opcode
cache that's several months delayed vs. one that's without an opcode
cache several months early.  If the 5.4 adoption rate (or complete
lack thereof) is any indication - very few are eagerly waiting for
5.5.  In fact, in a year's time, when we all gear up to release 5.6
(based on current frequency) - 5.5 is almost guaranteed to have next
to no traction in our userbase.  A bundled opcode cache might be the
killer feature that makes the difference.

FWIW I think we should actually reconsider even striving for a yearly
release cycle, but that's another story...

Zeev