Hi

2013/3/1 Julien Pauli <jpa...@php.net>:
> I guess the ini declaration order and then the order the modules get loaded
> in the engine.

We could also look at implementing a module-load-order internally in
the zend_module struct, as in some extensions like EXIF relies on
mbstring, while the ZEND_MODULE_DEP()s works fine for checking for
mbstring, it does not work if mbstring is loaded after. So what I'm
saying is that mbstring have a higher load order, meaning even though
we have this in php.ini[1], PHP will load mbstring first because it
has the lowest value (requiring it to start first), or giving exif a
higher than 'normal' value (causing it to load after, as it is after
all, exif that depends on mbstring, not the other way around).

The same thing can be done with engine level extensions
(zend_extension), where it probably would make more sense than for 90%
of all 'php' extensions.

[1]:
extension=php_exif.dll
extension=php_mbstring.dll