On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:

> On 03/03/2013 12:43 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com>
> wrote:
> >> The
> >> first step towards integration is getting it in.
> >
> > That does not guarantee that further steps can be done, from a timely
> manner.
>
> There is never any such guarantee and the current results of the vote
> clearly says that the majority of people are fine with a delayed 5.5
> release.

"The majority" yes. The accessors proposal also had "the majority" in
favor, but that did not suffice. As of now this RFC does *not* have a 2/3
majority for the delay. And, as I already pointed out, I really think that
this RFC should go by a 2/3 vote, as it is both a very large change AND a
release delay.

But regardless of that, could somebody maybe point out where the "it may
require a 1-2 month delay" estimation in the RFC comes from? Somewhere
Rasmus said that the integration will not be tight and just a "30 minute
cleanup". I guess that was a bit exaggerated and may take a bit longer, but
in the same order of magnitude (like 3 hours instead of 30 minutes). By
that estimate the vote ends today and we can have ZO+ bundled in one or two
days. To let the change sink a bit, fix a few bugs that turn up and figure
out some questions like naming and default configuration one may need
another week, or maybe two. Then we should already be able to go for a beta
release. Everything else can be ironed out later (it's just a beta after
all and after that we have a good bit of time to fix issues that turn up).
Or did I miss something?

Nikita