hi Zeev,

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:

> ok, given the total lack of answers, mistakes and misleading wording
>
> in the RFC and lack of releases in PECL (which is a pre requise since
>
> quite some time to get in core), I'd to vote -1 for now.
>
> +1,
>
> there should be a option "release at PECL",  which will give the O+
> more feedback and test
>

> There is one, its the third option.

Ok this is getting ridiculous.

How "Don’t integrate Optimizer+ to PHP" can be remotely related to the
available of o+ via PECL?

No matter the results, having o+ available in PECL for < 5.5 is a very
good thing and many are expecting as well. Not doing it means that
only 5.5 is supported and that defeats the whole purpose of having one
opcode cache to rule them all. Why? Because we will still have to use
most of our resources to support APC and wincache for 5.3 and 5.4.

At some point I think I will simply do it myself and be done with this
sterile discussion, it is OSS anyway and the license allows anyone to
do it.

Cheers,
--
Pierre