Sorry but I disagree, I think you're approaching try-catch wrong.

You shouldn't have a try-catch that *can* continue on the next line after
the throw.
What you should do is have decoupled code that handles _their own
exceptions_ nicely and either cleans up after itself else it rethrows the
exception/a new one.

Any top level try-catch is supposed to be a control structure with one of
two chances: either lines 1-N go smoothly and no exceptions are thrown, or
Exception_X is thrown and you clean up on it's catch block...

Also remember that you have the finally block.