On 06/27/2013 09:33 AM, Ralf Lang wrote:

Anyway, I have built a version of the patch (using unsigned long instead
of signed long as the original did) against old php 5.3.8 and currently
a test is running with a 4.7 GiB DVD Image. If it works well, I will
submit the patch and attach it to the bug record.

Thank you for your response.

To make it more reviewable, can you base the patch on the master
branch (aka PHP 5.6)? If you're a github user, a PR would be great.

Some supporting documentation about what the patch changes, what
platforms it was tested on etc would be helpful.  I think a brief RFC
would be the best place to record the details: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/howto

Did you review all the previous mail list discussion about the patch?
IIRC there were a bunch of reasons it never got merged.

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd
Free PHP & Oracle book: