Le 28/08/2013 23:40, Stas Malyshev a écrit :
> Hi!
>
>> And while the issue was first reported by Debian, the other
>> distributions share the same concerns. This is why PHP should consider
>> this - because the other parts of the eco-system are already going
>> forward with this.

Yes. This is not a Debian only problem.
Most of linux distribution are affected (Fedora, Mandriva, Mageia,
OpenSuse, Ubuntu...)

AFAIK no one have altered PHP.
We only build with --disable-json which is available in the standard
build process, and build/ship jsonc separately.

There is also a consensus to move on this "only" for new PHP 5.5 and
keep json in PHP 5.3 / 5.4 as this problem was not discovered before.

> What we need to consider this extension as a replacement for core JSON is:
> - explanation of advantages and disadvantages (noting that for most PHP
> users "weird license" is not a significant disadvantage of the
> extension) of the change

Yes, most PHP users don't care of License.
especially those who want to do "evil" ;)

But we are PHP project members. And we ship an OpenSource software which
is Licensed under the "PHP License", a "really" free License (per FSF
definition).

So, of course, we expect users to respect this License.
And probably, we'd like them to respect OpenSource, so we need to have
an exemplary conduct about those License issues.

> - RFC
> - API description
> - potential BC problems
> - performance impact

Already drafted : https://wiki.php.net/rfc/free-json-parser

I was thinking to submit this for discussion later (mostly because I
will be AFK first week of september), but as the discussion raised now...

Remi.