2013/9/2 Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>

> Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
>

>> you write your code where you copypaste the default value
>> some time passes
>> somebody changes the default value in the called function definition
>> your code now calls the function with a non-default value.
>>

> Actually THAT is a problem I've hit in reverse! Some bugger changing the
> default in a library without understanding the consequences! In which case
> the fix was to put in the 'default' I wanted ... this works either way, but
> I could at least see in the IDE that the default had been changed so
> tracing it did not take as long as it could have.

But thats a problem no language (with default values for parameters of
course) can help you, except you avoid default values in every case.

I for myself always use "null" as default value, so I must say, that a
special keyword doesn't bring me any benefit. In this meaning: The named
parameters are more useful :)

Regards,
Sebastian