On Sep 18, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Leigh <lei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Internals.
>
> How do you feel about expanding the is_* functions to accept multiple
> parameters similar to the way isset() already does?

> Thoughts?

For isset() there is a good reason to do this, because the var might not exist
at all, and as such you cannot use a function, as it would produce warnings.

However, for is_* functions, this could easily be done with a higher-order
"every" function. You pass a predicate and an array of values. It returns a
boolean.

Example:

        if (!every('is_int', $numbers)) {
                throw new \InvalidArgumentException(...);
        }

Not only is that much cleaner in my opinion, it also is composable without
having to change *all* of the is_* predicates.

As such, I don't see much value in changing this.

Igor